It’s that time of year again where social media is all a buzz with posts dedicated to giving thanks. Instead of doing a daily thanks, I decided to put them all in one blog post. I am thankful everyday for all of the blessings in my life but here (in no particular order and not to be considered all inclusive) (also they are meant to be silly and light hearted) is a random sampling of the things for which I am thankful.
- Sunrises and sunsets
- The moon and the stars
- Lazy weekends
- Never having slept with Charlie Sheen
- Good hair days – which only occur on cut/color days. (See #40)
- When a celebrity replies to my tweet
- Cat videos
- Bacon – the main reason I could never go vegan.
- Toilet paper – this one should be obvious.
- People who say “Bless you” after I sneeze
- When I get 11 chicken nuggets instead of 10.
- Rude people. For reminding me how not to treat others.
- People who actually answer their phone instead of letting it go to voicemail.
- The block button on social media.
- Memories. Good and bad.
- Fake friends. They have shown me what real friends should be.
- Florida/Being a Floridian. Because all of the crazy stuff happens in Florida.
- Audiobooks. Because I’m too lazy to read.
- Pumpkin everything. #basic
- Free wi-fi.
- Instagram. Where else am I going to post pictures of what I eat? Oh, that’s right, Facebook!
- Movie theatre popcorn – and liquid butter. It’s glorious.
- Singing loudly in my car – when it’s just me, of course.
- Movies that make me laugh.
- Movies that make me cry.
- A perfectly made cocktail.
- The Chinese restaurant that always knows my order when I call.
- The internet. Thanks, Al Gore! 😉
- My job – because, money.
- Loyal and honest friends.
- A warm bed to sleep in.
- My iPhone – I’d be lost without it.
- When the cashier opens a new lane just as I reach the check out.
- Cakes that don’t stick to the pan.
- Handwritten letters.
- Random acts of kindness.
- A good hairstylist. (Megan rocks!)
- Deep fried anything.
- Facebook birthday reminders.
- HGTV/DIY Network – for making me feel like an interior design expert.
- YouTube – Makeup tutorials are wasted on me, but I now know how to properly roll up an egg roll.
- John Legend & Chrissy Teigen – because #relationshipgoals
- Chrissy Teigen’s Twitter/Instagram feed – she’s a troll slayer extraordinaire and she loves food.
- Flip flops.
- Andy Capp’s Hot Fries. Omg.
- Zantac (see above)
And of course many, many thanks for the most important people in my life.
My husband – for trusting me with his heart. His laugh and how he’s always happy. How he gets me. His incredible patience and the way he loves me.
My parents – for giving me life, their wisdom, their advice and also for putting up with my crap and still loving me unconditionally.
My step-parents – for their friendship, solid advice and loving me like their own.
Mike’s parents – for raising an amazing human and being such wonderful people. They’ve had ample time now to discover just how awkward and weird I am, but they still love me.
Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving!
What are you thankful for?