This song is such a beautiful representation of love and the total giving of yourself to another person in every single way….flaws and all. “All of Me” (see video below) is probably one of the most used wedding songs at the moment, but I don’t even care. I love it. John Legend put his heart and soul into a song for his wife Chrissy Teigen and the video makes me tear up every time I watch it.
Tomorrow afternoon I’ll be saying “I do” to my best friend and the most amazing person I’ve ever met. Mike, I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words. You have shown me what it means to give yourself completely to another person. You have the biggest heart and your kindness knows no limits. I know I am often hard to handle and quick-tempered, but you’re always there to love me in your quiet, gentle way until the storm passes. When it feels like the world is caving in on me you stand by me through all of my crazy moods. Sometimes I feel undeserving of your fierce loyalty and love and I hope you know how wonderful you are and how happy you make me. Love is laying all of your cards on the table and risking everything. We did and here we are two years later. My heart is so full right now and I cannot wait to be your wife. All of me, loves all of you, today, tomorrow and always.
The video may not play from my blog, but just click on the “Watch on Youtube” link and it will open the video in Youtube.
Previous posts in the countdown:
- 10 Days To Go – Suzanne, Weezer
- 9 Days To Go – Thinking Out Loud, Ed Sheeran
- 8 Days To Go – Stay with You, John Legend
- 7 Days To Go – Marry Me, Jason Derulo
- 6 Days To Go – The Luckiest, Ben Folds
- 5 Days To Go – Summertime, My Chemical Romance
- 4 Days To Go – Then, Brad Paisley
- 3 Days To Go – Beautiful with You, Halestorm
- 2 Days To Go – You Matter to Me, Sara Bareilles (feat. Jason Mraz)