Who am I? Well, my name is Michelle and the short answer is that I’m a wife, daughter, friend, picture taker, blogger, and a damn fine home cook (or at least my husband thinks so).
I should probably start off by talking about the name of my blog, That Mrs. Miller, and how it came to be. My domain name was up for renewal a few months before I got married and the previous name Chelle in the City just wasn’t working for me anymore. Even though I’d been married before, the thought of being a married woman felt so new to me and I was (and still am) excited that I would be Mrs. Michelle Miller. I got the idea from Kevin Smith’s Twitter name (@thatkevinsmith). That Mrs. Miller sounded good, and I knew I could write about a variety of topics under that name, so I purchased the domain name and the rest, as they say, was history.
Let’s delve a little deeper. Shall we?
- I am a wife to Mike my amazing, and wonderful husband of almost a year. We met in July 2014, got engaged in October 2014 and we married on July 2, 2016. Mike’s best friend, Andrew, married us in a small ceremony at lovely Italian restaurant and we shared the day with our closest family and friends.
- I am a “mommy” to a chihuahua/pug mix (or “chug”) named Tini and a tortoise-shell kitty named Boo Radley. They even have their own Instagram – Tini and Boo Radley.
Some other random things about me:
- I have an irrational fear of clowns, lizards and frogs.
- My favorite color is black, but my emo black phase is turning into a love of pink and a little bit of glitter.
- This blog is 5 years old, but I’ve only recently started devoting more time and energy to it.
- I love reading comics and have amassed quite a collection in the last 3 years.
- Wonder Woman is my girl. I love her and even have her tattooed on my left upper arm. I have a total of 7 tattoos.
- I love to cook and I’m lucky that Mike isn’t picky and is willing to eat pretty much whatever I cook.
- I recently met one of my culinary heroes, Jacques Pepin and he was charming and delightful.
- I love collecting cookbooks.
- My favorite thing to eat is a really good burger. I enjoy scouting out new restaurants that are known for their burgers and some of my favorites are from Poe’s Tavern, MShack, The Blind Rabbit and Colonel Mustards Phat Burger.
- I also LOVE to review restaurants – you can see some of my reviews here.
My plan is to continue filling up this blog with all of the things I love: life experiences, fun adventures, photography, recipes, restaurant reviews, and all of the geeky things I enjoy. I hope that you’ll continue on the journey with me and keep me company along the way!