While thinking of different topics to write about it occurred to me that I’ve never really introduced myself properly. Sure, I have an “about me” page, but that’s only a small part of who I really am.
Who am I? Well, my name is Michelle and the short answer is that I’m a wife, daughter, friend, picture taker, blogger, and a damn fine home cook (or at least my husband thinks so).
I should probably start off by talking about the name of my blog, That Mrs. Miller, and how it came to be. My domain name was up for renewal a few months before I got married and the previous name Chelle in the City just wasn’t working for me anymore. Even though I’d been married before, the thought of being a married woman felt so new to me and I was (and still am) excited that I would be Mrs. Michelle Miller. I got the idea from Kevin Smith’s Twitter name (@thatkevinsmith). That Mrs. Miller sounded good, and I knew I could write about a variety of topics under that name, so I purchased the domain name and the rest, as they say, was history.
Let’s delve a little deeper in to who I am. Shall we?
- I am a wife to Mike my amazing, and wonderful husband of almost a year. We met in July 2014, got engaged in October 2014 and we married on July 2, 2016. Mike’s best friend, Andrew, married us in a small ceremony at a lovely Italian restaurant and we shared the day with our closest family and friends.
- I am a “mommy” to a chihuahua/pug mix (or “chug”) named Tini and a tortoise-shell kitty named Boo Radley.
- I am an only child to two amazing parents and I also have two wonderful step-parents.
- I have a small circle of friends who are just as quirky and weird as I am and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Some random things about me:
- I have an irrational fear of clowns, lizards and frogs.
- I have anxiety and sometimes panic attacks. I don’t talk about it much, but I may write about my experiences with it on the blog at some point.
- I don’t like it when my food touches other foods on my plate. There are hard rules as to what can and cannot touch. I don’t really like to share food either.
- My favorite color is black, but my emo black phase is turning into a love of pink and a little bit of glitter.
- This blog is 5 years old, but I’ve only recently started devoting more time and energy to it. I’ve got a story to tell and it’s about time I told it.
- I love reading comics and have amassed quite a collection in the last 3 years.
- Wonder Woman is my girl. I love her and even have her tattooed on my left upper arm. I have a total of 7 tattoos.
- I love to cook and I’m lucky that Mike isn’t picky and is willing to eat pretty much whatever I cook.
- My dream job is to be a photographer.
- I love wearing Converse and have about 8 pairs.
- I recently met one of my culinary heroes, Jacques Pepin and he was charming and delightful.
- I love buying cookbooks.
- My favorite thing to eat is a really good burger. I enjoy scouting out new restaurants that are known for their burgers and some of my favorites are from Poe’s Tavern, MShack, The Blind Rabbit and Colonel Mustards Phat Burger.
My plan is to continue filling up this blog with all of the things I love: life experiences, fun adventures, photography, recipes, and all of the geeky things I enjoy. I hope that you’ll continue on the journey with me and keep me company along the way!
If you’ve made it this far, leave me a comment and tell me a little bit about yourself. Thanks for reading and happy Friday!